Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Zaaba Talk: Read & Write

By: Huda Engku

I’m at Secret Recipe, waiting for my phone to be fixed at the shop (again!). I feel so out of place without my phone, maybe because I’m so used to writing out thoughts that I’d like to share with others and I usually do that using my phone.

I just got back from Zaaba Talk at House of Zaaba and this time it was about reading and writing. Amin invited Becca, co-founder of ‘Novels for Nepal’ and also Jojo and Aishah (Ucu) of 'Kapasitor'. Becca told us how she started ‘Novels for Nepal’ and what it is about, while Jojo and Aishah briefly shared about ‘Kapasitor’ and the features there.

I think that Becca’s project is wonderful and it reminds me of Baca@Sekolah project where the team set up a library for a school, the latest project done was sometime in March this year. Some of the team members of Baca@Sekolah are writers and they got their fellow writers and also the public to help. Becca’s project is a bit like Baca@Sekolah only hers is done in Nepal.

As for Kapasitor, I am really thankful Jojo and his team keep going with the site or else I won’t be able to ‘show off’ whatever crap I’ve written with those who would appreciate, respect and care enough to comment. Before this I only had the gut to share my poems with my cousin who writes so well. I call him my sifu because he would read and comment whatever that I wrote. So Jojo, DON’T EVER SELL KAPASITOR ESPECIALLY TO THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE THE PASSION TOWARDS ART AND LITERATURE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

They have come up with their own project for the benefit of others and I respect everyone who initiate something good, but then, when is MY turn? It’s not like I have nothing in mind. It’s just that I don’t know where or how to start, especially with my project paper still pending, my mom doesn't seem that keen on what I’m planning to do in the future and I need people to team up with me to make it happen. Sometimes it seems so difficult to make it happen but then from the book ‘Mudahkan, Jangan Susahkan’ by Syed Alwi Alatas, I realized that it is I that made it difficult. I need to start simple and easy and I need throw away that ‘mentaliti susah’.

May Allah make it easier for me.

Ameen.

http://paints-in-life.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment